How do you make UEStudio your default text editor

How do you make UEStudio your default text editor

NewbieNewbie

Jun 14, 2006#1

Hi People,
    How do you make UEStudio your default text editor to replace windows' text editor? I look 4ward to hearing from anyone.

Obal85.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 14, 2006#2

IDM has created a small program for UltraEdit with name Notepad.exe which launches uedit32.exe when a program wants to start Notepad.

Well, you need this notepad replacement program for UEStudio.

Please write an email to IDM support (see email address at top of this page) and ask for notepad.exe which starts uestudio.exe. I guess, you will get it within 24 hours because the IDM developers has to change only the EXE name from uedit32.exe to uestudio.exe.

And please add in your email also the link How to replace Notepad with UltraEdit? because the little install help text file included in the notepad.zip archive must be updated also for Windows XP SP2 according to the information in this article.

I have a fresh installation of Windows XP with SP2 already included. For such installations following notepad.exe locations exist:

C:\I386
      C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE
      C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
      C:\WINDOWS

You can also start Regedit, search for every "Notepad.exe" and replace it with the UEStudio with the correct path. This will change all your existing file associations to notepad.exe. But installers or programs launching directly notepad.exe or new program installations with new file associations and shortcuts to notepad.exe will not be directed automatically to uestudio.exe by this manual registry hack.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jun 15, 2006#3

Thanks a lot for the Info @Mofi