Annoying info window hinders double clicking.

Annoying info window hinders double clicking.

NewbieNewbie

Jan 06, 2006#1

Hello, I would still like a solution to this problem.

After doing a find in files, I go to the output window where everything which matched is displayed. In UE32 I double click to goto the line. In UEStudio, I have to be very quick about it, because the annoying info window pops up right under the mouse preventing my double click. I don't need this info window. I certainly don't need this headach. Can this window be offset from mouse cursor or be stopped?

codec_7
    codec_7

Feb 13, 2006#2

I agree with the poster. The "info tip" or whatever it is called, does not add any useful information (I can already see what line). I find it stops single clicks as well as double clicks and in order to move through many results from find in files, you are constantly having to move the mouse to get rid of the useless "info tip".

PLEASE can we have an option to turn off this behavior!!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 13, 2006#3

I remembered me that I have reported this by email and found the email from Ian from May 2003 with the setting to turn the tips off. I think since v10.10 this setting can be used, but it is not documented anywhere except now here. Open Uedit32.ini for UltraEdit or UEStudio.ini for UEstudio and add following setting. This should fix your problem.

[Settings]
        Allow List Tips = 0
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

codec_7
        codec_7

Feb 16, 2006#4

Mofi - thank you for your post - unfortunately I have just tried this with UEStudio 05.10+1 and it did not work.

However, "Allow List Tips" appears to get rid of the tip that pops up for items in the list of open files and the explorer tree view. (I found this also rather annoying IMO so have left your patch in my .ini file)

There must be another setting that controls these "tips" in the Output Window. Perhaps IDM can step in and help us here...?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 16, 2006#5

codec_7 you are right. Allow List Tips=0 does not disable the info tips in the output window ANYMORE. It definitively works with v10.10c of UltraEdit. But it does not disable the tool tips in the output window of v11.20b of UE and v5.10+1 of UES. This is a bug and I will report it to IDM.

Jun 15, 2006#6

Good news!

With UE v12.10a and UES v5.50a the annoying tooltip in the output window can be disabled again.

After upgrading and first start you will find in uedit32.ini or uestudio.ini at section [Settings] the new setting:

TooltipsInOutWindow=1

Set this setting to 0 and the tooltips in the output window are never displayed again anymore.

Currently this setting cannot be modified from the GUI or I have not found it. You have to modify it directly in the INI.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria