Wrapped lines indentation

Wrapped lines indentation

velot99

Sep 09, 2005#1

It would be useful to have an option so UE indents wrapped part of a line with an offset indentation relatively to the line start position.

-- So this view: --

Code: Select all

while(blah) {
       line1;
       line2 line2 line2 line2
    wrapped line2 wrapped line2
    wrapped line2 wrapped line2;
       line3;
    }

-- could be turned into this: --

while(blah) {
       line1;
       line2 line2 line2 line2
       line3;
    }

-- or, at least, into this: --

while(blah) {
       line1;
       line2 line2 line2 line2
       line3;
    }

KDE K-Write does that. Don't see why would UE lack this very artfully feature.

I actually requested the developer to implement this back in 2002-11-05, but I was told this is not planned to be implemented due to the fact that there is a lot of different languages involved.

I don't really see how it is dependant on the languages if there can be global configuration parameters that would specify if the user would like to have the wrapped line remainder to be indented relatively to the line start position and how many characters this offset should be.

I am posting this here because I am wondering how many people out there would like that feature.

Thanks

firstsecond
    firstsecond

Sep 12, 2005#2

I came to the forum to look for how to do this... this feature really really should be included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewbieNewbie

Jan 06, 2006#3

/bump

I also think this would be an elegant polishing touch to the wrap lines feature.

NewbieNewbie

Feb 22, 2006#4

I would like something like this too ...
          actually, what i want is something like the brilliant indenting in jedit where if you press enter on a line where there is an unclosed ( or {, it will understand that this is a continuation of the line before it and indent it

MPI_Buffer_attach(malloc(sizeof(int) * m * n), sizeof(int) * m * n + vlong
          			lineconinue - hello);
          {
          	bla;
          	bla;
          	bla;
          }

NewbieNewbie

Jul 31, 2006#5

without this, visually (auto-)wrapping structured text/code is useless. that means: UE is useless for editing structured text or code with long lines (i have only such code/text notes).