Dual monitor support

Dual monitor support

NewbieNewbie

Oct 19, 2006#1

The blurb for 12.20 advertises "Dual monitor support". What exactly is the new feature? I could display the UE window on either of my two monitors before, and I can still do so now. Ideally I would like to be able to move individual documents (tabs) out of the main window and drag them to the other monitor.

I see I can spread the main window across two monitors but that's not really very helpful, especially as my two monitors aren't side-by-side - you lose half the tab bar.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 19, 2006#2

See UltraEdit-32 v12.20 Released!

I also don't know what IDM has really changed. I think UltraEdit now checks for every window and dialog if all 4 coordinates are in the main window or visible area if the dialog/window can be outside the main window and resizes or moves it automatically if not.

There were (maybe are) problems in the past (still) when a user switches from dual monitor to single monitor operation. See for example "Insert Color" feature locks up UE 12.10b.

I don't have a dual monitor configuration.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 20, 2006#3

Quote from Andy

"The dual monitor support is more of a background feature making dialogs/etc 'smarter' when running dual monitors."
        Tom Tinsley
        UEStudio, UltraCompare, UltraSentry
        Windows 11