Search Drop Down is missing

Search Drop Down is missing

NewbieNewbie

Nov 30, 2004#1

I have searched the forum and cannot find this topic....

I used to have a drop-down search box in my toolbar. But, after a re-install, I have lost this functionality. Does anyone know how to get it back?

Thx

MasterMaster

Nov 30, 2004#2

Look at the Help file under "Configure Toolbar"

Then, when you right-click on an empty spot in the toolbar and select "Customize", the control you want is under "Custom Buttons" in the dialog.
      Software For Metalworking
      http://closetolerancesoftware.com

NewbieNewbie

Nov 30, 2004#3

I am using an older version of UltraEdit. I have gone through all of the controls and the drop down box is not one of them. I re-installed the same version as I had previously. I cannot even right click on the toolbar. I do not have that option.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 01, 2004#4

You have the old style toolbar. This toolbar has to be configured at Advanced - Configuration - Toolbar.

From the feature list insert at least one of the 2 find features Find Text or Find Next.

Press OK and close UltraEdit. Start UltraEdit again and the drop down list is left the find icon.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 01, 2004#5

It must be a bug. Only the icons show up. No dropdown.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 01, 2004#6

I just remembered, that you also need an ini-setting to enable the find drop down list in the old style toolbar. Check your ini-file for

[Settings]
              TB FindString=1
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria