append literal string to clipboard

append literal string to clipboard

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 31, 2007#1

hi UE peops ---

simple macro question that I can't quite finger out. Should be easy, but damn Ive been on it for over 2 hours.

How do you send a literal string to the clipboard without first copying it or selecting it?

IOW, I want to send the "," to the clipboard between copyappend operations to separate a csv list.

a command like ---> ClipboardAppend "," <--- would work if such a command existed. 8)

anyone know or have a snippet they could share? I know im gonna kick myself when I see how easy it is.

WZ

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 31, 2007#2

Exactly the same problem I have also often when I create a list directly in the clipboard with CopyAppend. Unfortunately there is no command to directly copy or append a string to current clipboard. The commands Copy or CopyAppend with an optional string would be really helpful in such situations.

Currently (UE V12.20b+1) you must insert the comma without deleting something, reselect it and cut & append it.

InsertMode
      your code
      EndSelect
      Key LEFT ARROW
      Key RIGHT ARROW
      ","
      StartSelect
      Key LEFT ARROW
      CutAppend
      EndSelect
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 31, 2007#3

Thanks, Mofi.

I eventually ended up doing something similar. (I just added my "," writeline in the space after the copied word and selected them both, but yours is a bit cleaner)

Being anal retentive, :lol:, I was just hoping there was a one liner that would be available instead of using 10.

Thanks for all your help --- and thanks for being such a prolific poster. You saved me quite a bit of work with your hints and tips, as I read through your regex and macro forum responses.

tnx mate,
        Wz