FTP questions - initial directory and standalone

FTP questions - initial directory and standalone

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 31, 2007#1

Is there any way to change the initial *local* directory for ftp/sftp to start in? It seems to always start in C:\. I would like it to start in the directory/drive that I have already navigated to in UE.

For example, I navigate to D:\dir1\dir2\dir3\ and open file foo.txt. Now if I open ftp/sftp, I would like the local directory (left half) to be opened to D:\dir1\dir2\dir3\ showing the files in that directory.

Or I would like to specify the local directory in the ftp account configuration. So that when I connect to an account, it not only changes to the initial directory on the remote ftp server, but it also changes to the initial local directory.

Additionally, can the ftp/sftp window be run as as stand-alone app? it is already a stand-alone window, but when you close UE, the ftp/sftp window closes. If I can not run it stand-alone, at least UE is being closed and an ftp connection exists, can I get a warning instead of the connection being cancelled and the window closed? Is this configurable but I am just missing it?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

- Chris
    - Chris
    Living in Florida is like being on vacation all the time!

MasterMaster

Feb 01, 2007#2

Hi Chris,

- If I do a "File, FTP, Open" I can't see any local files on the left side...
      Am I missing sth. ?
      - The ftp-dialog is surely only runnable via UE, not as stand-alone part.

P.S. By the way: Try Speedcommander (speedproject.de) as ftp-client. It has nice things like "Favorites". E.g. Favorite "MyWeb" might point the "left side" to c:\data\mywebsite" and the right one to "host:/usr/Chris/myWebdata" with one click.
      Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 01, 2007#3

Yes, you are missing the idea that I am going to the ftp/sftp browser, not opening a file through ftp. Try this: File -> FTP -> FTP/SFTP Browser. This opens a completely different window - hence my question about being able to run the browser stand-alone.
        - Chris
        Living in Florida is like being on vacation all the time!

MasterMaster

Feb 02, 2007#4

OK. I missed that one because it did not show up in my menu. I configured it into my toolbar now and it works:
          B ID_FTP_LAUNCHBROWSER

But I found no config setting or sth. else to make left side "sticky".
          Maybe you'll write this question to IDM cause I think it is not yet possible.

rds Bego
          Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit