display bug - lines showing up after selecting some text

display bug - lines showing up after selecting some text

NewbieNewbie

Feb 22, 2006#1

I've been incurring a weird issue and to be honest, I'm not sure if its a feature.

I'm running UE 11.20a and when I hilight a block of text, then click out of there because I don't want to cut/paste or want to select a larger group, I seem to get artifact lines at least thats what I think they are. Perhaps this is some sort of feature.

Here's a couple of screen shots to help illustrate the issue

Here's the image showing the lines

Notice the vertical bars after the various key words.

If this is a feature how do I shut it off?

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 22, 2006#2

When this happens, try minimizing and then maximizing the UE window. If the lines disappear, then the problem might be your video driver.

Bill

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 22, 2006#3

This is definitively not a feature. Have you enabled ClearType (Windows XP feature)?
        If you have enabled it, look at Configuration - Editor Display - Advanced.

But first update to v11.20b which has following new feature (copied from Readme.txt of v11.20b):

- Added Font Quality slider to configuration

The font quality configuration is also at Editor Display - Advanced.

Maybe the settings there will help.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Feb 22, 2006#4

Clear type is off and the lines disapear easy enough, I just scroll the code up or down, but its kind of a distraction.

Mike

NewbieNewbie

Feb 23, 2006#5

That phenomenon usually happens when you check the option which reads something like "Setting this may improve display issues with Cleartype fonts on Windows XP" and the font used is not Truetype.

Uncheck that option or use Courier New instead of Courier (if the font is not Truetype)

Jose

NewbieNewbie

Feb 23, 2006#6

That did it thanks,

all is well in the world now :)

NewbieNewbie

Feb 13, 2007#7

Great stuff. I know I'm a year late coming to the party on this one, but I was having the same problem and it was driving me nuts. I only started using UltraEdit the other day and was almost regretting it due to this oddity. I'm using Version 12.20b+1. Maybe this will be fixed in a future update?