Bookmark Handling?

Bookmark Handling?

Basic UserBasic User

May 09, 2007#1

Hey All! Any non-insulting ideas why I can't seem to find a simple thing like "Delete all bookmarks/lines" in 12.20? Is it fixed in 13.00?

I remembered that this was easy in Textpad, but the regexp was not quite as easy. Anyway, I had to download and install Textpad, and I hate going back, that's why I picked UltraEdit to begin with...

Thanks,
    Ken

MasterMaster

May 09, 2007#2

In Textpad you have both "Clear all bookmarks" (as in UE) but also "Delete bookmarked lines" and I think kenlyle refers to the last one.

As far as I know UE cannot "delete bookmarked lines" but it should be no problem creating a macro looping through all bookmarks and deleting the lines. This might work and for your convenience you could assign a hot key for the macro:

Code: Select all

InsertMode
      ColumnModeOff
      HexOff
      PerlReOn
      Loop 
      GotoBookMarkSelect -1
      IfSel
      Key HOME
      ToggleBookmark
      DeleteLine
      Key UP ARROW
      Else
      ExitLoop
      EndIf
      EndSelect
      EndLoop

(Feel free to perfect it as a bookmark in line 1 is not deleted, but all other bookmarked lines are).

Basic UserBasic User

May 09, 2007#3

jorrasdk,

Your analysis and reply were PERFECT, thanks.

Yes, Delete Bookmarked lines was what I was looking for, hopefully without writing a macro. I will save the macro you've provided for future use.

How do I submit Delete All Bookmarks as a feature request? Probably like that other editor, Edit-Delete-Bookmarked Lines...

THANKS,
        Ken

MasterMaster

May 09, 2007#4

Feature requests ? -> read paragraph at the top of this page.

You might want to include
          - Delete bookmarked lines
          - Copy bookmarked lines
          - Cut bookmarked lines

You have my vote.

Basic UserBasic User

May 09, 2007#5

Brilliant!

DONE.

Ken

Power UserPower User

May 09, 2007#6

My vote also...

Paolo
              There is no such thing as an inconsistently correct system...
              Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of reaching correctness!

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 13, 2007#7

See also Copy to clipboard bookmarked lines?

Cut or delete bookmarked lines will be very similar. Create the 3 macros maybe with some other in a macro file which is specified to be automatically loaded on startup of UE/UES and use hot keys for the macros or use the macro list view for fast executing.
                Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

May 14, 2007#8

Yeah, that's OK, but I'd rather not have to hack my environment, or record macros to perform a basic function.

I don't live in UltraEdit, I just try to use it to get things done, so it's not like a hobby where I enjoy cobbling together bits of macros.

If you are concerned about menu space, Edit Bookmarks could become a submenu, with Copy, Delete, and whatever else one might want to do.

If 1000 people spend 5 minutes each recording those, the time adds up...that's why we rely on the developers...

Best,
                  Ken