File name specifiers in macros like in command line for user tools?

File name specifiers in macros like in command line for user tools?

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Dec 29, 2004#1

I just sent the following suggestion to IDM and was wondering how many of you would also find this useful in macros:

"There is something I would find very useful in defining a macro -- at present, we have "CopyFilePath" which copies the full path and file
    name to the clipboard. Since we have %F, %P, %N, %E (and versions beginning with R for project equivalents) available in the Tool
    Configuration, why not make these available in macros as well? Right now I have to use CopyFilePath to a scratch file and then Paste, then
    find & replace "\" and/or "." or copy the bits I am interested in (e.g. just the file name or extension). Seems like this would be very easy to implement."

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 30, 2004#2

No need for new macro commands for this. Just set up a few templates and use the templates in the macros. See Template Definition in UltraEdit help for details. A small extract:

Code: Select all

[FULL_FILE_NAME]  Is translated into the full path and filename of the active document.
      [FILE_PATH]       Is translated into the drive and path of the active document.
      [FILE_NAME]       Is translated into the root filename of the active document.
      [FILE_EXTENSION]  Is translated into the file extension of the active document.
      So create the templates

FullName with content [FULL_FILE_NAME].
      FilePath with content [FILE_PATH].
      FileName with content [FILE_NAME].
      Extension with content [FILE_EXTENSION].
      NameWithExt with content [FILE_NAME][FILE_EXTENSION].

These templates can be used in the macros with command Template TemplateNumber.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Dec 30, 2004#3

Thanks -- I didn't know that templates could do this. However, there is still no option to get the project's path or name in a macro that I can see.