Showing differences in files while in Folder Mode?

Showing differences in files while in Folder Mode?

NewbieNewbie

May 24, 2007#1

Is there no way to show the text differences between two files when Folder Mode? Basically what Im trying to do is look at the differences between two folders, scroll down to the line that either says "First Newer" or "Second Newer" and invoke something like Text Mode on the two files by either right clicking or some means.

Is this possible?

thanks in advance
    Stan

Update--
    I did see that you could invoke UE from tool bar and then do a compare files. But this is way too tedious when I only want to view the differences.

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 24, 2007#2

Simply double click with the left mouse button on the line with the files you want to compare in text mode from within folder mode and a new instance of UltraCompare will open with the 2 files compared in binary or text mode depending on the file type you can see in the folder compare window. Press CTRL+T to switch to text compare mode if the files are text files, but compared in binary mode.

Alternatively you can compare the 2 files also as described in the last paragraph on the help page Folder Compare.

By the way: I use UltraCompare Professional v5.00.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

May 25, 2007#3

Thanks Mofi, I must be braindead I didnt even try doubleclick.