Refresh file

Refresh file

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 18, 2007#1

Hello,

if a text file is opened and displayed with UltraEdit and meanwhile this file is changed by another application (or user, if the file lies on the network), how, i. e. with which shortcut or menu item (or configuration?), can this file be refreshed/reloaded?

I observe, that after some time this file is refreshed automatically indicated by a message, but just after some time and not instantaneously. So again: How to reload/refresh such a file manually?

Thanks for all good hints.

Thomas Wiedmann

MasterMaster

Jun 18, 2007#2

A forced reload can be done with File - Revert to saved.

Beside this you'll want to read more about File Change Detection in the UE help. (Just search for this term). It'll go through the options in the configuration dialog:

Advanced - Configuration - File Handling - File Change Detection

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 19, 2007#3

On the menu
        Advanced - Configuration - File Handling - File Change Detection
        I set the option 'Refresh changed files automatically' (or similar - I've a German version), but I cannot configure the option below (indicated by an 'a' in a square) 'Force query of file changes in an interval of x seconds' (or similar) - it is deactivated. How can I activate and change this configuration option to set it e. g. on 5 s?

Thomas Wiedmann

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 21, 2007#4

Have you pressed the Help button in the File Change Detection configuration dialog and read it? All the file polling configuration settings are useless until you open the file you want to poll for external changes and click in menu View on File Change Polling to enable file polling for the file which has currently the focus.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria