Cannot save new templates - UETMPLTE.DAT read-only?

Cannot save new templates - UETMPLTE.DAT read-only?

NewbieNewbie

Jul 06, 2007#1

I'm not sure tis is the right section for my post. In this case excuse me.
    Anyway every time I try to modify a template when I click on Ok button of Define Template windows appears a message box that says "Error opening template file: C:\Programmi\UltraEdit\UETMPLTE.DAT May be READ-ONLY file/device; Check configuration".

I looked for some settings on UltraEdit Advanced/Configuration but nothing. Also in uedit32.INI any traces of template.

Any suggestions?
    Mosca

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 06, 2007#2

Looks like you have no permissions to create a file in directory C:\Programmi\UltraEdit

Do you have administrator privileges?

Normally creating files in the program files directory or one of its subdirectories require that, depending on your version of operating system and the file system used.

At Configuration - Directories - Template Directory you can specify in which directory the template file should be created/stored and is then loaded from.

If you are using a restricted account, best use the directory where your uedit32.ini is also stored. Depending on your version of UltraEdit you can see that path at Configuration - Application Layout - Advanced.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jul 06, 2007#3

Thank you very much. Mofi you're a precious resource for this forum. The problem didn't regard privileges because I'm logged as administrator. I simply changed Template directory because previous directory C:\Programmi\UltraEdit\UETMPLTE.DAT (default directory that I've never changed) wasn't present on the system. May be a settings of earlier version of UE.

Mosca