"Duplicate Window" Feature Question

"Duplicate Window" Feature Question

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 20, 2007#1

I am currently using UltraEdit 11.20b. I've just discovered the "Duplicate Window" functionality which is great since of late I've been needing to compare code from two or more points of the same file. The one thing I can't make UE do however is to put the duplicate windows in their own tabs. Does the new versions of UE do this? I've held off upgrading as I'm quite satisfied with my current feature set, until today. Thanks a lot for your time!

-Adam R.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: "Duplicate Window" Feature Question

Jul 20, 2007#2

Sorry, no! Also in UltraEdit v13.10 the "Open File Tabs" bar has only 1 tab per file. It is not an "Open Windows Tabs" bar.

But open View - Views/Lists - File Tree View and select tab Open. There you see all open windows.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 20, 2007#3

Thanks, I found that too. But since my preference is to have as few lists open taking up my code space as possible, I think I'll resign myself to using the Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab keys (the default windows shortcuts for next and previous window) for moving back and forth. I've always resisted using those in the past because they don't move through the files in the order they are open but rather the order of in which they were recently visited. I would love to have an option to change this to the order of the open file tabs.

Thanks for the help and info Mofi!

-Adam R.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 20, 2007#4

See Navigation between different tabs.

I have deleted your old topic with the same question as in the linked topic. I hope, this is not a problem for you. Duplicate threads are not good. One thread per question is better for collecting the replies.

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 20, 2007#5

Its been a long time but if I remember correctly my other thread had nothing to do with with the duplicate window functionality. Which isn't a big deal, I don't care what you do on these forums.

And thanks for the link. I already use the WindowNextTabDocument and WindowPreviousTabDocument functionality as my main route between tabs but it's a good reminder for those that may not know about it.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 20, 2007#6

Your deleted topic was about navigation with Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab in file tab order instead of window order.

You use v11.20b. So it does not help you that with UE v13.10 it is now possible to assign Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to the commands WindowNextTabDocument and WindowPreviousTabDocument as you would like it. But maybe you find some other new features worth to pay the upgrade price of $24.95 and upgrade to v13.10.