Open ALL project files at the same time

Open ALL project files at the same time

NewbieNewbie

Mar 20, 2006#1

Hello,

i've created a project and added all php-files to it.

Now i would like to open the whole project with ONE click and ALL php-files should open...

How can this be done?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 01, 2006#2

There is no ONE click solution. Do you know the Quick open dialog which lets you open all *.php files from all directories beginning from a specified directory?

If you open once all your project files and have it all open when closing the project or UltraEdit, they will be always opened again if you open the project later again.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Aug 02, 2007#3

This may help a bit.
        You can open all (or many) project files be selecting them in the project window on the left.
        you can hold CTRL down and click on the files you want to open then right click and select open.

Or you can marqee select all the files then reight click to select open.

This may not be quite so simple if you have whole directories added to the project though.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 03, 2007#4

Here is a small macro which opens all project files.

It works only for non FTP project files. (To be more precise, I have not tested it with FTP projects.)

It works only for UltraEdit v10.20 or later and all versions of UEStudio. Without the first line it should work also for UltraEdit v9.10 and later, but then you have to run the Find In Files on Project Files with an empty search string and with option Results to Edit Window checked manually.

If you use an UltraEdit version prior v12.00 or an UEStudio version prior v5.50 delete the command UnicodeToASCII from the macro code because those versions already create the Find In Files results window as ASCII file and not as Unicode file.

The conversion from Unicode to ASCII means also that the full file names of the project files cannot contain Unicode characters. I have not tested if this macro would also work without conversion from Unicode to ASCII.

The macro property Continue if a Find with Replace not found must be checked for this macro.

FindInFiles ProjFiles "" "" ""
          Loop
          Find MatchCase Up "Search complete, found "
          IfFound
          ExitLoop
          Else
          NextWindow
          EndIf
          EndLoop
          DeleteLine
          UnicodeToASCII
          Loop