File extension TPL to use HTML syntax highlighting

File extension TPL to use HTML syntax highlighting

Oct 23, 2004#1

I have read the documentation and tried to find some answers here. I simply want make the file extension *.tpl use html syntax. For the life of me, I can't get ultraedit to do this. Any ideas are much appreciated. I tried by just adding TPL to the block called "L3" in the wordtext file, but that didn't help..
    Sincerely
    Joe Belmaati

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 24, 2004#2

Adding TPL after JSP in Wordfile.txt at language 3 should do the job. If it is not functioning, as you described, you are not using this wordfile or the file as a different extension than tpl. Check both.

In UltraEdit open Advanced - Configuration - Syntax Highlighting and look for the name and path of the wordfile. Open the wordfile and check again that TPL is added to the HTML language.

In Windows Explorer open the folder options and disable "Hide file extensions for known file types" to see the real file extension.

In UE v15.00 and later adding the file extension TPL to the list of file extensions for being highlighted with HTML must be done as follows:
      • Open Advanced - Configuration - Editor Display - Syntax Highlighting.
      • Select language HTML if not already preselected.
      • Press the button Open to the right of the language.
      • Close the configuration dialog with button Cancel.
      • The wordfile html.uew used for syntax highlighting HTML files (with other languages inside) is open now. Move caret to end of first line with the list of file extensions.
      • Add the file extension TPL (case does not matter on Windows).
      • Save the wordfile and close it.
      Next time a file with extension TPL is opened, it will be automatically highlighted as HTML file. Already opened TPL files may need to be reloaded using File - Revert to Saved.

NewbieNewbie

Jan 13, 2005#3

When you opened the wordfile, search (Ctrl-F) for /L with option 'list lines containing string' on.

This shows all languages (sort of), these lines also contain the extension (at the end) so -> double-click on /L3"HTML", go to the end of the line and type TPL.

I got an other question myself;

When you did this, how do you make UE recognize the PHP between { and } delimiters?

greetz Rudger

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 13, 2005#4

UltraEdit does not interpret the content of a file and so does not know, that there is a different language inside a file with a certain extension. You can only add the php words to html, but then the php words are highlighted also outside { }.

Edit: Since UltraEdit v11.00 multi-language syntax highlighting is supported for HTML files with common languages like PHP, JavaScript, ASP, CSS.