Running SAS/Unix in UltraEdit

Running SAS/Unix in UltraEdit

NewbieNewbie

Nov 16, 2005#1

Hello,

I am new to the UltraEdit. I am working with SAS on the Unix system and wanted to know how I can run SAS programs in UltraEdit. To give you more of a background of what I am working with, I have a VPN connection to a network and have mapped the network drives to be able to open, edit and save programs in UltraEdit now, but I want to also run these programs instead of having to run the program in Unix. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, :wink:

Jess

Power UserPower User

Nov 16, 2005#2

There's no direct way to execute a program on another system, but you might be able to do it via rsh. If you can get that working, it should be possible to set it up as a custom tool in UE.

NewbieNewbie

Jan 17, 2006#3

Hello ALL.
        I just got UltraEdit license, and I'm trying tune-up UltraEdit for my needs. Could anybody tell me how (if it is possible) can I run shell script on UNIX server from UltraEdit?
        What I need:
        1. Open telnet session
        2. Execute some command
        3. grab feedback from that command and show it in UltraEdit.
        Thx

NewbieNewbie

Jun 18, 2006#4

I know it can spawn DOS commands.

Is there any telnet plugin to do the same with shell commands ?

NewbieNewbie

Oct 12, 2007#5

jgabbert wrote:I am working with SAS on the Unix system and wanted to know how I can run SAS programs in UltraEdit. To give you more of a background of what I am working with, I have a VPN connection to a network and have mapped the network drives to be able to open, edit and save programs in UltraEdit now, but I want to also run these programs instead of having to run the program in Unix.
            Hello,

I have the same problem. Is anyone have a macro or scipt to do this at all? I can submit the UE code from UE to PC SAS but not Unix SAS yet.

Thanks

David