FTP save as-Request denied: 502 SITE command not implemented

FTP save as-Request denied: 502 SITE command not implemented

NewbieNewbie

Jan 19, 2005#1

Problem encountered after successful FTP of text file to UNIX ( Solaris8 ) server. Clicked the Browse Site button, selected the file just transfered over and clicked on the Permissions button.

Got error message:
    Error changing permissions
    Request denied:
    502 Site command not implemented.

Is this a FTP client configuration issue on the desktop or an FTP server configuration issue on the UNIX server? And how would I configure/implement the SITE command? Thanks to anyone and everyone that can help.

Regards,
    JCastillo

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Jan 20, 2005#2

Either UE is a bit handicapped when it come to talking to Solaris servers, or your server isn't setup to do what you like.

Can you change permissions on that server when you use another FTP client? Did you ask the administrator of that server whether changing permissions is allowed?

Manni

NewbieNewbie

Jan 20, 2005#3

Thank you. Interestingly, I tried your suggestion and I downloaded psftp and was able to issue a chmod against the target file without error.

The only difference, I couldn't & didn't prefix it with the SITE command.

I then install the free version of CuteFTP and when I attempted to change the permissions on the same target file, the application froze; no error message given.

Jan 21, 2005#4

OK then. This tells me two things:

1. UEdit's ftp client is better than CuteFTP.
          2. You will have to email Ian and ask for support.

Manni

NewbieNewbie

Jan 24, 2005#5

Thank you Manni. Do you have an email address for Ian? If not, that's OK. Our client is preparing to order several licenses; this editor was one of several being evaluated. I will ask their purchasing department to get the support contact information.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Regards,

JCastillo

Jan 24, 2005#6

There are different ways to contact Ian. Most of them should be listed on this page: https://www.ultraedit.com/company/contact-us.html