HTML Tidy for XML Pretty Print

HTML Tidy for XML Pretty Print

NewbieNewbie

Oct 25, 2006#1

I have read all the forum topcs related to the HTML Tidy functionality in UE, and I just can't get the results I want. Can somebody help?

I am trying to pretty-print XML.

Here is the content of my Tidy configuration file, which I have saved as tidyConfigXML.txt:

// config file for HTML Tidy
    indent: yes
    input-xml: yes
    output-xml: yes

Here is my sample XML file, which I type into UltraEdit and save as test.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <root><element>Testing</element></root>

I pull down Format|HTML Validation|HTML Tidy. I specify my configuration file and check Generate "tidy" document. I click Parse.

The output window responds with "HTML Tidy Parsing ...OK", but I get no *** HTML Tidy Output *** window, and my XML is not reformatted.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 25, 2006#2

I don't edit or write XML files and so I have never user HTML Tidy for XML files. I think for XML files the XMLlint Tool support by UltraEdit since v12.00 is better. But don't ask me how to install and use the XMLlint Tool because I have never installed/used it.

See also XML Indent - Simple Solution Here

Use forum search with the words xml indent and the search option Search for all terms to and the 2 words (or use xml and indent with default search option) for other related topics.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 05, 2007#3

Using HTML Tidy works for me with similiar config file but you need to select the SCROLL bar for "HTML Tidy Output" window and MOVE it before the screen redraws and displays the output!

NewbieNewbie

Nov 21, 2007#4

I've made a the following post in the scripts forum as an alternative means of pretty-printing your XML or for selectively formatting an XML fragment: Pretty-print XML