Stop file tabs from moving?

Stop file tabs from moving?

NewbieNewbie

Nov 30, 2007#1

I often have 3 rows of file tabs for the text files that are open.

1. When I click on a file tab in the 2nd row, I don't want that this tab moves to the lowest row, I want it to be selected and stay exactly where it is. This drives me crazy.

2. I would like to be able to sort my tabs, so that the highest tab displays the start of the alphabetic sequence, instead of the lowest, as is the default.

3. Also, is there a way to accomplish #1 with older versions of UltraEdit (like 11.20b - I have the latest but have not upgraded all of them).

Thanks!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 30, 2007#2

I guess you use the "classic" standard Windows MDI tab look where the Windows control always moves the tab row with the active file tab down to be the one above the window area. I don't know if it is possible to prevent the Windows control to do that and therefore the IDM developers can change something here.

At Configuration - Application Layout - File Tabs enable New file tabs look and the file tab position will not change anymore when you click on a file tab to set focus to this file.

UltraEdit v13.20 has the new configuration setting Sort Tabs on File Open. With this setting or by manually right clicking on any of the file tabs and clicking on Sort File Tabs in the context menu the file tabs are sorted from top left corner to bottom right corner according to the ASCII table on my computers for both tab looks.

UE v11.20b does not have the new file tabs look feature. So there is no possibility to prevent the re-ordering of the file tab rows.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria