Files from FTP will not LIST

Files from FTP will not LIST

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 09, 2007#1

It works fine in my ftp program. Also, this part works fine for me in UE when I'm at work. It just doesn't seem to work on my laptop... again though, a ftp program lets me connect and display the file list fine.

It's not the version. I even tested by copying the installed folder onto my laptop (along with its profile in %appdata%). It saves a lot of time to use this feature where I don't need another window to upload the file after each little change I make. Can someone please reply to why or how to fix this so it will work on my laptop at home?

Thanks a lot :)

NewbieNewbie

Sep 14, 2007#2

I just purchased and downloaded UltraEdit tonight for my home computer (though I've been using it for years professionally) and am having the exact same issue.

If anyone has a fix or suggestion, I would also very much appreciate it!

Thanks!

MasterMaster

Sep 14, 2007#3

Could you both perhaps tell us a little about the FTP settings ? Things like what is on the Advanced tab, in the "server options" section in the FTP/SFTP account manager. That might give us an idea of what is causing this. Thanks.

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 14, 2007#4

Here's my advanced tab at work:

It works fine at work, but it doesn't work on my laptop at home. I will post my advanced tab from my laptop when I go home today, thanks! :)

NewbieNewbie

Sep 14, 2007#5

My settings are right "out of the box", port 21, etc. Nothing was changed after my install other than:
            Account
            Server
            Username

I THINK THIS INFO CAN HELP:
            I disabled my McAfee Firewall and everything works fine. I have UltraEdit in McAfee as "Full Access" to the Internet, etc, but that didn't help. I had to actually take the firewall down for it to work.

Well, I can't have my firewall down, so I went into McAfee and TRUSTED the IP address of the site I'm trying to FTP with and then it also worked well.

However, my Windows FTP worked without doing this. Is there some reason UltraEdit would require this? I'd hate to have to TRUST every IP that I ever want to FTP to. I'll probably have between 10 and 20 sites in my accounts and will need to FTP other "as-needed".

WAIT...(OK, I'll leave my previous train of thought in the message, but...) I got it...ULTRA EDIT -> FTP ACCOUNTS -> ADVANCED TAB -> PASSIVE TRANSFERS (CHECKED!)

That did it!

MatthewK, I hope this helps you too.

NewbieNewbie

Dec 11, 2007#6

Hi, Matthew -

Thank you so much for this solution! I was going crazy here - FTP works like a charm at work but I couldn't get anything done at home - either the file list wasn't loading, or the list showed up but the files didn't ftp, or the whole thing just got stuck.

Your UltraEdit internal solution (passive transfers) worked like a charm - I can FTP again, including style sheets (the files that started my troubles for some bizarre reason... ). I didn't even have to change the settings of my firewall...

Thanks!

Rachel

Power UserPower User

Dec 11, 2007#7

Try putting an * in the List Command Filter box.

Cheers...

Frank