The Default Macro

The Default Macro

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 14, 2008#1

I have a macro file loaded at startup containing 5 macros. I don't want any of these run automatically when a file is opened but what I do want is to define which of these is the default macro. By this I mean the macro which is run when I click the "Play any macro" button. Currently I have to 1) click the "Play any macro" button, 2) select the macro and 3) press OK. Step 2 would be superfluous but it always selects the "wrong" macro - in my case the last one in the list. I want the first one to be selected.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 14, 2008#2

First you can assign hot keys or chords to macros to quick execute any of the 5 macros in your automatically loaded macro file.

Second after loading a macro file (automatically or manually) the command Macro - Play Again runs the first macro in the binary macro file. This macro is also pre-selected when opening the Macro Play dialog.

So you have to put your preferred macro in the macro file to top of the file. You can do this by doing following:
      1. Create a copy of your automatically loaded macro file (i.e. AutoLoad.mac) with a different name (i.e. AutoLoadCopy.mac).
      2. Delete your preferred macro and save the macro file (AutoLoad.mac).
      3. Open the before made copy of your macro file (AutoLoadCopy.mac).
      4. Delete all macros except your preferred macro.
      5. Use Macro - Load and Append to Existing to append the macro file which contains all macros except your preferred one (AutoLoad.mac).
      6. Save the slightly re-ordered macros with your preferred macro now stored as first in the macro file with the file name AutoLoad.mac.
      7. Delete the not needed copy of your macro file (AutoLoadCopy.mac).
      Now your preferred macro should be always pre-selected after loading the macro file.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 05, 2008#3

Phew! So einfach geht das!
        Thanks Mofi - that worked!