See/Goto symbol definition on MouseOver

See/Goto symbol definition on MouseOver

Jan 31, 2008#1

I'd like to have ctags on MouseOver as a kind of hover-effect, like the old Codewright-Editor does. E.g. if I stay for say 1 second above a define, I'd like to see what the value of the define is without pressing F11.

Does anybody know if that is possible?

Greetz

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 31, 2008#2

That is supported only by UEStudio with it's IntelliTips, QuickTips and Function Tips features. In UltraEdit there are no such features.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Jan 31, 2008#3

Ok thanks so far. I got myself a trial of UEStudio.

Here I found this feature in the IntelliTips. But it seems. that the only way to resolve the definition is to bring the cursor up to the definition I'm looking for and click on a button called "Find symbol definition in project file". So far so good, but isn't there a way to do this on MouseOver? Maybe by pressing an extra button and then the definition will be resolved?

Thanks in advance!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 31, 2008#4

I'm not sure but I think it cannot be configured that "Find Symbol definition in project files" is executed automatically on event mouse over. I have assigned a hotkey to command IntellitipFindSymbolDef for fast executing this command by key.

But I agree for those users which prefer the mouse and not the keyboard as I that a "Find Symbol definition after x ms on mouse over" would be fine. Contact IDM support by email and ask if that is already possible or not in UEStudio and if that feature could be added if it is not available.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Feb 07, 2008#5

I asked the support via Email. They answered the same: It is not possible to configure that at the moment.
            They also said nothing about this feature in future versions, so maybe we will see this once...

Greetz