UNIX Project

UNIX Project

NewbieNewbie

Feb 08, 2008#1

I am in the process of trying to find a good ide for my work build environment. Currently with have a solaris C++ project that only uses the sunstudio complier and is only for solaris. We use makefiles to build on binaries and libraries. I know it is a bit old but it is an older mature product, and the company seems to live bye, "if it can't broke dont fix it."

What is missing is a good complete ide. I was very use to Visuall C++ dev enviroment which I thought was great. Could see all the classes, dependencies, variables, and so on. UEStudio seems to do that too but I need to find out how to do it on a unix box.

Can some one give me help how to get the project/solutions set up so that I can use the ide on windows but have all the files reside on my unix server.

Ideally I would like the intellitips to be able to recognize classes, variables, and data. This would greatly help me increase my productivity. I do not know if it is possible.

Thanks for your help

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Feb 09, 2008#2

I don't use UEStudio so I can't tell you how to setup intellitips, etc. but to work with Unix files all you need to do is load the files directly via a samba share or map the drive.

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 09, 2008#3

I would love to see something like this done. I've looked into it, but I imagine it would be possible to create a bunch of scripts which uestudio can run (treating them like compilers and other tools). These scripts would execute commands via ssh to the unix/linux machine and do any other special translation necessary for uestudio.