File Tree View seems to have disappeared

File Tree View seems to have disappeared

NewbieNewbie

Apr 29, 2008#1

Hi,

For the past few weeks I've been having an issue where the File Tree View toolbar/menu seems to have disappeared altogether. I can check under the View menu that it is enabled, but it does not show up anywhere in the UltraEdit window. Enabling/disabling the option in the View menu does not have any effect.

I'm curious if somehow the window was dragged off screen, and now appears there, but I have no way to access it.

Is there anyway to reset the placement of toolbars/menus? Or a configuration file to edit that would show me if this was the case?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 30, 2008#2

While UltraEdit v14 is not running create 2 copies of uedit32.ini.

Then edit copy 1 of uedit32.ini with UltraEdit or with Notepad.

Search for [ToolBarState1-v140-Barx] (x is 16 in my uedit32.ini) which has the entry BarID=34771.

Set entry Docking=1 or delete that group, save the copy 1 of uedit32.ini, close UE and copy the modified file over existing uedit32.ini. Then start UE again and hopefully the file tree view bar is back docked. If not, use copy 2 to restore original uedit32.ini.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Apr 30, 2008#3

Thanks, I did something similar to this (I actually deleted all ToolBarState groups just to be sure) and it worked - thanks!