Compare files from folder compare does not work (fixed)

Compare files from folder compare does not work (fixed)

Basic UserBasic User

May 19, 2008#1

Hi,

as explained in the online help I selected on the left "Load in the first frame" (I'm not shure if this is correct because I'm working with a German version) and selected on the right "Load in the second frame". Then I made a double click on the second file and got two times an error message:
    UltraCompare v5.10a wrote:The file or directory 'AbstractMeasurement.cs' does not exist. Please check the file or folder names or the commandline parameter.
    It seems for me as UC would try to load the files not from the displayed folder but takes the file names as absolute paths. But I can't see any setting to change this. :roll:

Does anybody has a suggestion for me what to do. I'm using UC 5.10a Prof.

Sighing greetings

Reiner
    --
    Reiner

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 19, 2008#2

If a file with name "fileX" exists on both sides in the folder compare, but the 2 "fileX" are not identical, you just have to double click on "fileX" in any of the 2 panes to launch the text compare.

Right click and "Load First/Second File - Load in the first/second frame" is only necessary if there is for example "fileY" on the left pane and "fileZ" on the right pane and you want to run a text compare with these 2 files with not identical name.

But you are right with your observation. In UC Prof. v5.10a (English too) only the displayed relative file name and not the full file name is passed when using "Load First/Second File - Load in the first/second frame" from the context menu and therefore the text compare fails to open the files. This is a program bug and I have reported it to IDM by email.

Update: This bug was fixed with UC v6.0.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

May 19, 2008#3

Hi,

Mofi, thanx for you explanation! Some silly my head. :oops:

Silly greetings to Austria

Reiner
        --
        Reiner