Connection with SQL

Connection with SQL

NewbieNewbie

Jul 07, 2008#1

Hello
    Ther is posibility to connect UltraEdit with Oracle, for example to explore tables from oracle in UE.?
    Or there is any other way to connect with oracle ? If yes how to do it ?

MasterMaster

Jul 07, 2008#2

Haha. Nice one :)

I'd also like to use UE to remove the red eye effect from my photos and to manage my eBay auctions...

SCNR...

NewbieNewbie

Jul 07, 2008#3

Impossible is nothing. Specialy that UE can connect with servers by SSN/Telnet. Just one step left :)

MasterMaster

Jul 07, 2008#4

Well, I do my Oracle-SQL editing (PL/SQL, funcs, triggers etc.) with UE.
          How?
          I edit the file and then just call a user-tool that runs sqlplus with the source.
          Works very well for me ...
          Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

NewbieNewbie

Jul 08, 2008#5

Thats great for me. Could you explain me more how to make it. I have my dates on HP9000

MasterMaster

Jul 08, 2008#6

I'm not in my office now. But you can see it also in this thread:
              http://www.ultraedit.com/forums/viewtop ... it=sqlplus

Tell me if this is enough for you. Otherwise, pls wait until Wednesday....

rds Bego

NewbieNewbie

Jul 08, 2008#7

Hi
                Thank you for that solution, but it is'n clear for me. Only what i need is to browse DB form Oracle in UE or just some part.
                I'll wait till Wednesday :)

MasterMaster

Jul 08, 2008#8

Browsing in the DB is NOT possible in UE and will never be :?
                  But if you grab your procedure(s) anyhow (e.g. from TOAD) and copy it once to a file,
                  you then can work with UE ON THAT FILE and run the user tool to compile that script
                  against a schema. The output of SQLPLUS will occur in UE output window, so you
                  then can correct your errors and run the user-tool once again etc.
                  Disadvantage:
                  So clearly, if another user changed your procedure on the DB, you have to know or it will
                  be overwritten.
                  But when you work (alone) on some files this is quite a good way I think...

Jul 09, 2008#9

Here is the command:

Code: Select all

C:\ORACLE\ORA92\bin\SQLPLUS.EXE user/pw@instance @"%f
                    As working dir I choose:

Code: Select all

%p
                    rds Bego