Telnet, it can't display the Chinese characters

Telnet, it can't display the Chinese characters

NewbieNewbie

Jan 08, 2008#1

when i use the ultraedit's telnet, login into my linux server, but i can't see the Chinese characters in this VT100 terminal, i don't know why?

Does the ultraedit not support?

or any other reason?

How can i do it? i need to see the "Chinese characters" in ultraedit's telnet.

Please help me.

Thanks

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 12, 2008#2

Why do you not contact IDM support by email and ask IDM as recommended at top of every forum page?

I know only little about VT100 terminal emulation and so I read Wikipedia - VT100. VT100 terminal emulation is from the Stone Age of computer age where surely nobody has thought about Chinese Unicode characters. I'm quite sure that with VT100 you get only ASCII characters and maybe also the ANSI characters to work.

Try the other Terminal Emulation options. Try also the ANSI Support options - see UltraEdit help page SSH/Telnet Account Manager. But don't wonder if nothing helps.

One moment: Here is an FAQ The Unicode HOWTO with an interesting point 4.2 Networking. Maybe using the Linux terminal emulation works.

Because the telnet client of UltraEdit is from WEONLYDO Software I searched in their forums and found only this topic UNICODE SUPPORT ???

I think the UltraEdit users which use the Telnet console are only a small percentage. The number of users which use Telnet and are additionally reading regularly in the forum is even much more smaller. And the number of forum members which use telnet and additionally try it with Unicode is probably 1 (only you). Would be interesting for me if I'm right with that assumption.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

SSH/Telnet Chinese Font Display Problem in UE 14.10

Sep 02, 2008#3

Hi,
        I am a trial user of UE14.10.
        I open sshd service in cygwin and make use of PuTTY logining on, it seems everything is ok! When I change UltraEdit to login through SSH/Telnet, I find Chinese Font Display Problem. Despite I change term simulator type btween VT100 and Linux, select Full ANSI and a correct Chinese Font, Chinese Font Display Problem still exists. In the light of my experience, UE14.10 maybe has some problem in SSH/Telnet.
        Is there any workaround on such problem ?

Thank all!

Re: SSH/Telnet Chinese Font Display Problem in UE 14.10

Sep 03, 2008#4

I am disappointed at no reply for such problem.
          Yes, maybe only few people make use of SSH/Telnet in UltraEdit, and none bug report or problem on East Font Display Problem (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) is presented. But, Since UltraEdit support such function of SSH/Telnet, it should do better on it, I think so.
          I hope it'll be solved.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: SSH/Telnet Chinese Font Display Problem in UE 14.10

Sep 03, 2008#5

Please contact IDM support by email. In this user-to-user forum most (all?) power users are from Europe/USA/Australia and so we don't have experience on Asian environments. Maybe you can post a working solution if IDM could help you or the answer from IDM, if there is no solution which hua2000 has not done.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria