Starting in full screen mode

Starting in full screen mode

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 14, 2007#1

Is it possible to start the program in full screen mode? It's the way I am working every day and it's less distracting and more comfortable for me.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 14, 2007#2

The article Command Line Parameters in help of UltraEdit lists all possible command line switches of the version you use. As you can see there is no one to open UltraEdit automatically in full screen mode. There is also no configuration setting to force UltraEdit to start in full screen mode. So it is only possible to start UltraEdit by default maximized and you have to press the key for the full screen mode.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 14, 2007#3

Thank you for your answer.
        Regards from Galiza.

MasterMaster

Sep 15, 2007#4

Hi guy,

well, I think this is one of the rare times I know a bit more than Mofi ;-)

You can always open UE maximized by choosing: advanced, configuration, Application layout, Miscellanious.
          There toggle: "Always open editor maximized."

It also overrides the possibility the definition in a desktop lnk, where you can set the window to open minimized, normal, or maximesed.

rds Bego
          Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 15, 2007#5

Thanks for your message. The setting you mention is checked and Ultraedit opens always maximized but not in full screen mode (available only in View/Full Screen Mode or via a shortcut).
            Best regards.

MasterMaster

Sep 15, 2007#6

Oh sh.., I got you wrong.
              No, then it is as Mofi said: Not possible yet. :-(

:-) Bego
              Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 12, 2008#7

While searching in uedit32.exe of UE v14.20 Beta for full screen settings I found an undocumented INI setting

[Settings]
                Force Full Screen=0

If this setting is set to 1, UltraEdit will start by default always in full screen mode. This setting can be only added or changed directly in the INI. I don't know exactly which version was the first one which supported this setting. I searched in my archives for the ASCII string "Force Full Screen" in uedit32.exe and found it in the EXE of v11.10c and later, but not in v10.20d and previous.
                Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 12, 2008#8

Mofi,
                  Thank you very much for your message. Interesting. Anyhow, the "Always open editor maximized" setting works for me.
                  Regards from Galiza.