Set HEX/Column Mode background color

Set HEX/Column Mode background color

NewbieNewbie

Nov 26, 2004#1

I cannot figure this out and I have been using UE for a long time. What I want to do is this. I want the background/foreground color to be different in column mode. I know you can change the font and I have done this. But I really want a visual indication that I am in column mode. Nothing is more frustrating than thinking you are in one mode and bodgering your text.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 27, 2004#2

Write a feature request to IDM because this is not possible at the moment.

I use the same font in normal text and hex/column mode. So this was a problem for me, too. A few years ago I first wrote a request to IDM that the mode should be indicated in the status bar, but IDM told me that the status bar is already full which I have to agree.

But I found a working solution for me. I have placed the Column Mode and Hex Mode switching function into the toolbar and now the toolbar icons always indicates for me which mode is actually active. I rarely use the toolbar icons to switch the modes because I do it with keyboard shortcuts, but it is very helpful that the icons show me the actual mode state.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Sep 26, 2008#3

I agree, and would like something more than just the toolbar icon as an indicator.
        A while back, I requested an option to allow changing the cursor to a full-screen vertical thin line with a cross-hair at the cursor location. This would not only serve as a clear visual indication when in column mode, but would also be an column alignment aid.