Ultraedit on a TS/Citrix session

Ultraedit on a TS/Citrix session

NewbieNewbie

Oct 21, 2008#1

Hi guys,

I do have a problem with Ultraedit (version 10.10c), if I want to open multiple files in 1 time, it opens every file in a seperate UltraEdit instance. (I didn't check the option "Allow multiple instances in configuration tab"). I want the files opened in 1 single UE instance.

I only have this problem when I'm working in TS or Citrix sessions. Working on a local machine, it's normal.

Can anyone give me a solution to this problem?

Thx in advance,

Scootje

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 08, 2008#2

I guess, UltraEdit is not capable in your environment to detect if an instance of UltraEdit is already running - see also Multiple instances won't disable. UltraEdit must find itself in the Windows list of running applications. The full file name of uedit32.exe of one of the running applications must be identical with the full name of uedit32.exe called by the file manager (Windows Explorer).

I suggest to start UltraEdit first via the shortcut and then drag and drop the files to open into the main window of UltraEdit. What means drag and drop?

You mark several files in your file manager - Windows Explorer.

You click with the primary (left) mouse button on one of the marked files and hold the mouse button while you move the mouse pointer over the UltraEdit main window. If you can't see the UE main window, move the mouse pointer over the UltraEdit symbol in the Windows taskbar, wait there about 2 seconds and the UltraEdit window will appear, continue moving the mouse pointer and move it now over the UltraEdit main window.

Release the primary (left) mouse button when the mouse pointer is anywhere over the UltraEdit main window. UltraEdit will open now all the marked files.

With this method you have passed the full names of the marked files from your file manager to UltraEdit.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria