Function list by Class (PHP)

Function list by Class (PHP)

NewbieNewbie

Feb 04, 2009#1

Is there any way to show which class a function belongs to in the function list?

On a few occasions I will edit files with a couple classes that overload one or a few functions from the parent class. They all do very little, so we keep them in the same file. The result is that I will see a number of functions in the list which all have the same name, making it hard to quickly find the function I am looking for.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 04, 2009#2

I don't know only a little about PHP. The class name is not on the same line as the function definition like in C++, right? Then the answer is no.

A possible help for you could be to add a function string which finds just class ClassName, something like:

/Function String 2 = "%[^t ]++^(class[^t ]+[a-z0-9_]+^)[^t ]++{"

Then in your function list also the class names are listed. If you move the mouse pointer over the function list view, press right mouse button and uncheck Sort List, you could see which functions belong to which class because the name of a function is below the name of the class.

You should think about an upgrade to UEStudio. It has a much better support for PHP projects than UltraEdit. UEStudio '09 has for example a ClassViewer view, IntelliTips and more. UEStudio is also shareware and you can test it 45 days. So why not installing it parallel to UltraEdit and take a look which featues it has to make work with your PHP files easier and faster.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Feb 06, 2009#3

Ah, I didn't actually notice the subforum titles, so I posted under UE even though I actually use UEStudio '09.
        I skimmed through the new features but I didn't notice ClassViewer until you mentioned it. But I suppose it will only work within projects or some such, because I do not have the option in my Workspace Manager. I edit through FTP for the most part (which is one of the reasons why I use UES in the first place, excellent SFTP support).

Your solution would probably work pretty good for me though, I will give it a try. Thanks!