UC 6.10 problem with XP with French language

UC 6.10 problem with XP with French language

NewbieNewbie

Feb 12, 2009#1

Hello,
    I downloaded the UC 6.10 demo version in French language (uc_french.zip).
    I installed it on a Windows XP SP3 system and all menus went in English (expected in French) tried to uninstall, delete all IDMxxx and ULTRAxxx in regedit and c:\, reinstallation went in English....!!!!!!!!
    I installed it on a portable PC, with Vindows Vista SP1.... menus are in French.....
    Is there a problem with Windows XP ???
    Many thanks for a quick answer.
    Jean

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 13, 2009#2

I suggest to delete in directory %appdata%\IDMComp\UltraCompare\ the files UCCmds32.cmf and UCMNCmds32.mcf and start UltraCompare. Now UC must create the menu and toolbar configuration files again and they are hopefully then in French.

I'm using the English version of UC Prof. on Windows XP SP3 32-bit (English OS, German (Austria) regional and language settings), so I can't help you further. You maybe want to contact IDM support by email and ask for help if my suggestion does not result in French menus and toolbars.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Feb 13, 2009#3

Many thanks for your answer Mofi.
        I did already your delete suggestion without any success.
        IDM support contacted, they are right now, analyzing my install log file....
        Waiting....
        Anyway, thanks for your answer.
        Jean

Feb 20, 2009#4

Hello,
          Support contacted, problem solved with the new French demo package available to download.
          Jean