NewbieNewbie

Mar 07, 2008#46

Hi,

I've been working with UE for some time now. But since v13 it startes really slowly and now with 14 on a clean installation it didn't change. Even if it should be cached (restarted some seconds after a first start) it takes around 13 seconds to respond. The window opens (in contrast to v13) after a second but it is unresponsive to mouse clicks and blanks out ...

Thats very annoying if you have to open it many many times a day.

Sorry, but I didn't any clues to solve this problem, is anybody able to help me with this?

MasterMaster

Mar 07, 2008#47

If a clean install is made, 13 seconds sounds huge...
      There should be sth. else wrong here. Since it is a clean install, printer or ftp-settings can't be the case.
      Maybe you can watch the startup with the sysmon-tools (or so) Mofi described here many times to find out more.
      On my new hardware UE 14 seems faster than 13 was (on same hardware). I need max. 2 secs for full startup.

rds Bego
      Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

NewbieNewbie

Mar 07, 2008#48

I realize a faster startup too

Ruben

NewbieNewbie

Mar 11, 2008#49

I packed uedit32.exe and the .dll files using Aspack. It is not light speed, but it is fast now.

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 13, 2008#50

I was having slower startups, but it didn't really bother me all that much (I usually hibernate and since I always code in UE, it's usually already started). With the release of v14 I decided to start a fresh install with a 'clean' ini-file. I have since made all the changes that I had in the old ini-file. The ini-file is ~70% smaller than my old one, and UE starts time is about 2 seconds with ~20 files open in the current project.

Give tho, I think I've used the same ini-file for 8 years, so it has collected a lot of 'dust' ;)

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 25, 2008#51

I've noticed that UE 14.00a isn't quite as snappy to load as 13.20a was. I just wanted to make a note, hoping that the next update addressed this.

The comparison was done with as close to identical settings as I could get - and yes, I did try disabling the loading of printer settings.

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 26, 2009#52

I just wanted to say that I am using 14.20.1.1008 and it is starting up LIGHTNING FAST!!!! (less than a second at default settings, running an AMD 3700+ with WinXP Pro service Pk 3)

I Love this release!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Read more posts (-8 remaining)