How to use SSH in UE3 version?

How to use SSH in UE3 version?

NewbieNewbie

Mar 10, 2009#1

In my U3 Version of UltraEdit 14.20.1.1008 the "SSH/Telnet Account Manager" button is grayed out. Under the following topic

"SSH/Telnet Account Manager" grayed out

I found the following description:
    The issue is that the Telnet/SSH console was not registered - possibly due to a security restriction/etc during the installation.
    Please go to the installation directory and verify that this file exists:

wodTelnetDLX.ocx

If this file is there, please open a command prompt (DOS prompt) and navigate to the directory where UltraEdit/UEStudio was installed and type the following:

regsvr32.exe wodTelnetDLX.ocx

This will register the SSH/Telnet control (if it's not already registered). If this completes successfully you should see a dialog that indicates this:

DLLRegisterServer in wodTelnetDLX.ocx succeeded.

You may also want to search your system to see if the wodTelnetDLX.ocx exists somewhere else. It is possible there is a conflict with another version installed for another application.
    But this can't be a solution for the portable version of UltraEdit. Furthermore there is no "wodTelnetDLX.ocx" file in my installation directory on the U3 stick.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

Thx.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 10, 2009#2

I don't use UE3. But I think that UE3 registers the SSH / Telnet extensions automatically on start and unregisters it on exit. Of course that is only possible when the account used is not a restricted account. But my statement here could be wrong. Please ask IDM support by email for clarification and please post the answer here.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Mar 10, 2009#3

First of all I have to thank the support team. The do a really great job. It took only 15 minutes and I had this working solution:
        IDM support wrote:Please do the following.

1. Launch and then close UE3 (but keep your flash drive plugged in)

2. In Windows, go to Start -> Run, type %appdata%, press OK

3. Go into U3 ->

4. Go into the directory with your U3 drive's unique ID number (for instance, mine is "0000XXXXXXXXXXXX")

5. Go into 97565974-179A-47DD-84A6-8206D15BF8FB, then go into Exec

(Note: If you cannot see any of these directories, enable hidden files/folders on your system via the View tab in Tools -> Folder Options)

Do you see the wodTelnetDLX.ocx file here?

If this file is there, please open a command prompt (DOS prompt) and navigate to this directory in DOS and type:

regsvr32.exe wodTelnetDLX.ocx

This will register the SSH/Telnet control (if it's not already registered). If this completes successfully you should see a dialog that indicates this:

DLLRegisterServer in wodTelnetDLX.ocx succeeded.
        Thanks a lot.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 11, 2009#4

Aha, now we know all how this works. Thanks. To make that registration process more comfortable I suggest to create two user tools in UE3. The first tool for registering has the command line:

regsvr32.exe /s "%appdata%\U3\unique ID number\97565974-179A-47DD-84A6-8206D15BF8FB\Exec\wodTelnetDLX.ocx"

The second one for unregistering has the command line:

regsvr32.exe /u /s "%appdata%\U3\unique ID number\97565974-179A-47DD-84A6-8206D15BF8FB\Exec\wodTelnetDLX.ocx"

Both tools must be configured as DOS tools (32 bit console applications) without capturing data and without opening a window.

Would you configure those 2 tools and let us know if they work?

Maybe you can execute the registering tool even already on first start of UE3. If that is not possbile because wodTelnetDLX does not already exist at this time in the specified directory, you might need to restart UE3 after registering again.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria