Run macro from command line on multiple files

Run macro from command line on multiple files

Mar 20, 2009#1

I'm trying to run this macro on about 70 files from a bat file.

uedit32 P:\Test\EDI\P* /m="P:\Test\tco3.MAC"

Ultraedit will open all files, but will only run the macro on one file.(all other files stay open in Ultraedit)

Any help pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thank you

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 21, 2009#2

You have multiple possibilities:

You can use Run Macro on all files within folder instead of using a batch file.

You can pack your macro into a macro which runs on all open files as explained at How do you run a Macro on open files?

The last suggestion I have is to use the optional parameter which specifies how often the macro should be executed. Something like

uedit32 P:\Test\EDI\P* /m,70="P:\Test\tco3.MAC"

Of course that is a method I have never used because the number must be equal the number of files which are opened. Your macro must have the macro command CloseFile Save at the end.

Hint: Suggestion 1 and 2 use a loop. If your macro uses also a loop, you have to create a second macro because nesting of loops is not possible.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Mar 23, 2009#3

Thanks for the help, I tried setting the number of files above what i actually had to process "uedit32 P:\Test\EDI\P* /m,70="P:\Test\tco3.MAC""

Actual files were 55 and it still processed them all using "Ultraedit14.00b"

Both ways work GREAT thanks for the info.