How to move file tree view vertical

How to move file tree view vertical

NewbieNewbie

Jul 16, 2008#1

I've accidentally reconfigured my file tree view to be oriented horizontally instead of vertically. Can anyone tell me how to get it to go back to the right side instead of across the top?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 16, 2008#2

Move the mouse over the 2 lines of the docking view frame as you can see on my first screenshot. Click the primary (normally left) mouse button and hold it. Now move the mouse down until you leave the area of the view as you can see in my second screenshot. Take also attention on how the frame of the rectangle looks like. Next move the mouse with the rectangle of the view to the right side of the UltraEdit main window until the type of the rectangle frame changes - see my third screenshot. Now let go of the primary (left) mouse button and the view is docked on the right side of the UltraEdit main window.

Hint 1: This can be done more easily if the main window is not maximized.

Hint 2: After positioning the view back move mouse again over the 2 lines of the frame view, click secondary (right) mouse button and click with left mouse button on the single popup menu item which appears to disable undocking. Now you cannnot undock the view again by accident. You have first to right click again on the top of the view and change this setting - see my last screenshot.
      DockingViews_1.png (3.71KiB)
      Where to click on a view with left mouse button to drag the view to a new position.
      DockingViews_2.png (4.79KiB)
      Position of the view rectangle after leaving the current docking area.
      DockingViews_3.png (4.07KiB)
      Position of the view rectangle before the left mouse button is letting go off.
      DisableUndocking.png (1.05KiB)
      How to disable undocking by accident.
      +1

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Jun 05, 2009#3

I somehow moved the file tree view in 15.00.0.1046 and am not able to get it back on the left like it was. This is very frustrating. I keep see all sorts of arrows show up, but it will not dock on the left side whe the open file tabs on the right side.

Help.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 05, 2009#4

The power tip Tabbed Child Windows should help you to understand how docking works now in UE v15.00.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria