Open up ftp file in script

Open up ftp file in script

NewbieNewbie

Jun 30, 2009#1

Hi,

I tried to open a ftp file using following script but never got a success, please help

Code: Select all

UltraEdit.open("FTP::username:[email protected]\\\\/dir1/dir2/dir3/interface|interface.cfg");
    Also I have tried this one:

UltraEdit.open("FTP::username:password@ftp://mysite\\/dir1/dir2/dir3/interface/interface.cfg");
    Not luck either....

Thanks...

MasterMaster

Jul 01, 2009#2

I agree the UE help on UltraEdit.open can be a little misleading letting you think you can specify a URL directly:
      UE help wrote:UltraEdit.open("FTP::myserver.com\\/home/mypath/public_html|index.html");
      You cannot directly in the open() method specify a full FTP path with user, password, server and path. First you have to enter into the UE account manager File - FTP/Telnet - FTP account manager... and create a new account for your site.

For example name it MYSITE and enter server, user, password and other relevant details.

Then in your script you open files using this account name instead of server:

UltraEdit.open("FTP::MYSITE\\/dir1/dir2/dir3/interface|interface.cfg");
      The advantage is clearly that usernames, passwords, IP-numbers/URLs and other stuff which is sensitive and/or subject to change is not kept in the scripts

NewbieNewbie

Jul 02, 2009#3

It works great, thanks!