Syntax highlighting of UE v15.00 not working without specified delimiters

Syntax highlighting of UE v15.00 not working without specified delimiters

NewbieNewbie

Jul 03, 2009#1

After installing UE v15.00 on my new pc, and after finally figuring out how to add my old wordfile, I got into work :)

I used v8-v14 on my old pc, and I've stumbled on a difference in behavior with UE v15.00.

In v15.00 the syntax highlighting doesn't seem to kick into action when the next character after the syntax element isn't a space (or CR).

If my syntax element is "Left$", entering "left$(" leaves the syntax element unaltered, whereas "left${space}" results in "Left${space}".

How can I restore the old v14 functionality, so I can avoid having to enter {space}{backspace} every time I want syntax highlighting ??

Regards
    Lars I. Nielsen

Jul 03, 2009#2

Ah, the /Delimiters setting fixed it. Funnily enough, since it has always been absent in the word file, but worked nevertheless previously ... :?

Regards,
      Lars

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 03, 2009#3

In UltraEdit there is (was?) a list of delimiter characters built-in for compatibility reasons when there is no /Delimiters = for a language in the wordfile.

If UltraEdit v15.00 does not highlight words correct when there is no /Delimiters = for a language in the wordfile when common characters like the operators and braces are the delimiters, it is a bug of UE v15.00. Please report it by email. Attach an example wordfile packed with ZIP, and describe what is the syntax highlighting problem and step by step how to reproduce.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria