Goto Definition in PHP/ASP Projects

Goto Definition in PHP/ASP Projects

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 20, 2009#1

I have a PHP project in UES9 and it loads all my functions and classes under "Workspace Manager" -> "Tags".

However, when I am viewing my code there seems to be no way to navigate to a function's definition. I always have to remember the name and search the Tags list.

In VB6 you can right-click on a function or variable and say "Goto Definition..." and it takes you there. Is this possible with UES?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 20, 2009#2

In UEStudio you have to click on the tool named "Find Symbol definition in project files" in the IntelliTip toolbar. You can use also a hotkey or add this command to the context menu.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 20, 2009#3

Sounds promising - this will really be a big help if we get it working.

I managed to add the command "Find symbol definition in project files" to my main toolbar.

However when I right-click and say "customize menu" the only command I can find is "Find Symbol\tF11". When I add this I get a new item in the context menu called "Find Symbol F12" but it doesn't work like the "Find symbol definition in project files" - it finds nothing.

Do you understand the logic for the available commands list on the right?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 20, 2009#4

Well, the commands list on the right side of the menu customization dialog lists all commands available by default in the Advanced menu profile. I use the command always by hotkey (default is Ctrl+Alt+F12), and therefore did not check if this command is also available in the customization dialog. It isn't because it is also not available in the Advanced menu profile. However, it should be nevertheless possible to add the command to the context menu.

First you have to find out which environment you currently use. I guess you are using already a customized environment which you have given a name. Open now with UEStudio the file %appdata%\IDMComp\UEStudio\name of your environment.pb1. This profile file contains 2 menus, the first one is for the context menu in the edit area, the second one is for the context menu of the file tabs. Choose a line where the command should appear in the context menu for the edit area. Insert there the line:

Code: Select all

M "&Goto Definition\tCtrl+Alt+F12",            ID_ISENSE_FINDSYMBOLDEF
          adapted to your hotkey assignments. Save and close the modified profile file. Exit UEStudio and restart it and you should see the command in the context menu.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 21, 2009#5

Ich bin so überglücklich!!!