Can you set color for active tab?

Can you set color for active tab?

NewbieNewbie

Aug 31, 2009#1

UE Version 15.10.0.1018 WinXP SP3 - I searched the help index as well as this forum do not see anything on this topic.

I know how to set the tab colors for file types - is there a way to override so that the active tab stands out better, regardless of the file type?

Thank you,
    Jim Summer

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Aug 31, 2009#2

I would like it if you could. This is feature I would like.

NewbieNewbie

Aug 31, 2009#3

mods if you see this and the answer is "No" please let me know.
        Just so I can give up on the idea :)

Thank you!
        Jim Summer

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 01, 2009#4

The file tab of the active file shows the file name bold, has a thin blue line at the top and is always with white background if coloring of tabs is enabled and there is no color defined for the active file while all other files have a different background color. Additionally you can select Close Tab Button - On active tab to get a further indicator which file tab is for the active file.

But specifying additionally the background color for the active file tab is not possible. Write an enhancement request email to IDM support. It should be not too difficult for the developers, help writers and translators to add an additional setting to highlight the file tab of the active file always with a user specified background color.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 01, 2009#5

Thank you Mofi - I appreciate the response!

Is there a format to follow when making an enhancement request, and what is that email address?

Sorry, been using UE since around 2001 (lifetime upgrades yeah!!!) but I am a n00b to this board.

Thank you,
            ~ Jim Summer

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 01, 2009#6

TenTonJim wrote:Is there a format to follow when making an enhancement request?
              No, no form exists. Just write in details what you want. Should be quite easy for this enhancement request. IDM support will probably add it to their database of enhancement requests for UltraEdit. And if other users request the same, the counter for this request in the database will be increased which means at the same time the degree of probability for being implemented also increases.
              TenTonJim wrote:What is that email address?
              There is a link at top of this page or use the contact form.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 01, 2009#7

Great! Thank you very much Mofi!
                ~ Jim Summer

Sep 01, 2009#8

I sent an email to the enhancement team and got a reply - if anyone else would like to see this functionality added - as Mofi suggested please email the enhancement team. The more requests the quicker it is added.
                  Thank you,
                  ~ Jim Summer