Default split windows size / copy entire file with no change in cursor position

Default split windows size / copy entire file with no change in cursor position

NewbieNewbie

Oct 01, 2009#1

How can I make the split window a different size by default? I alway use the split window but I have to manually move the divider up so that the top window is about 10%, and the bottom is about 90%. Since I always do this, is there a way to have UltraEdit automatically show the split as 10%/90%? I'm using UltraEdit v12.20b+1.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 01, 2009#2

No, it is not possible to specify the split window dimensions in percentage. Best is you use the mouse to split the window immediately like you need it, see How to split window into 2 panes?

NewbieNewbie

Oct 01, 2009#3

The reason I have to use the split screen is that when I do a SELECT ALL (Ctrl+A) it jumps me to line 1 and I loose location of where I was working. I have to copy and paste the whole procedures elsewhere. I know about the bookmarks but I already use many of those to jump to different sections (sometimes more than 5 on a procedure). I would have to toggle through them to find the location I was working at. Is there a way to have the Select All just capture the data WITHOUT moving to the beginning? To combat this I split the screen and do a Select All on the top screen and work in the bottom screen.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 01, 2009#4

No, Ctrl+A (Select All) jumps always to top of the file. But you can use after copying the data with Ctrl+C the command Search - Back (last position) best executed by a hotkey to unselect and jump back to previous cursor position before executing Ctrl+A.

For users of UltraEdit v13.10 and later I have written a small script which can be used to copy the entire file content (text and binary) to the active clipboard without changing the cursor position. The script is available on the user-submitted scripts page.