NewbieNewbie

Oct 12, 2009#16

Hi,

I could not find any *.pui files on my computer but am suffering from the flickering screen as well.

I have noticed one thing: when I open another instance of UltraEdit (Advanced -> Open New Instance of UltraEdit), the new instance does not flicker. Even if it is editing the same file that flickers in the first instance.

The flickering instance of UltraEdit consumes a steady 4-5% of my CPU while the second instance consumes zero unless I switch to it and work with it. Here are some images of the process and the thread.

Maybe this information helps the developers in their hunt (which I hope still continues).

If any developer wants more information (ProcessExplorer/ProcessHacker), I would be happy to help.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 12, 2009#17

Files with extension PUI store the user related workspace for a project - which files are open, which views are visible, where they are positioned, the type of the views, the bookmarks, the folds, etc. If you have a project open, there is also a *.pui file.

It would have been interesting which entry in the PUI file having an INI structure is causing the display to flicker. Maybe a file which was open on last project close and does not exist anymore.

However, the IDM developers are not regularly read in the user-to-user forums as mentioned at top of every forum page. So please email your observations IDM. I don't know if anybody else has this done before and has also added the INI file uedit32.ini, the *.prj and *.pui of the project and the project files which should be opened on project load as listed in the PUI file.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Read more posts (-13 remaining)