screen flickers when auto-complete box shows...

screen flickers when auto-complete box shows...

Basic UserBasic User

Oct 15, 2009#1

Guys,

In the latest version of UE (v15.20), I immediately (it's hurting my eyes and giving me a headache) noticed that my screen flickers everytime the autocomplete box shows up and if I continue to type away without choosing a selection from the autocomplete box. Since this happens a lot when I code, this is EXTREMELY annoying, to the point where I'm thinking of downgrading to v15 since it didn't have this problem.

Any ideas how to avoid this without turning off autocomplete?

Thanks,
    Sean

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 15, 2009#2

With UE v15.20.0.1017 I can see a display update when the auto-complete dialog is displayed on every character inserted. So I can confirm this display issue. But when dialog is not shown the display refreshes stop.

I could verify with UE v15.10.0.1031 that there is no (noticeable) display refresh when the auto-complete dialog is shown and characters are inserted. So these display refreshes are new and interfering.

Please report this issue by email to IDM support.

I'm not an employee of IDM and IDM is not regularly reading the user-to-user forums, see top of the page. So it is required that users report issues by email and because I use auto-complete only manually, I don't suffer on this display issue and therefore this issue does not bother me.

Update: This display refresh issue was fixed with UE v16.00.0.1025.

Basic UserBasic User

Oct 15, 2009#3

ok i will report this issue to IDM.

thanks for verifying it!