UltraEdit 15 changing wordfiles' modified date every time you quit

UltraEdit 15 changing wordfiles' modified date every time you quit

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 13, 2009#1

I just noticed that every time I quit UltraEdit it's updating the wordfiles' modified date. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

I'm using UltraEdit 15.00.0.1033 on Windows XP with multiple wordfiles in a directory rather than a single wordfile.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 13, 2009#2

Yes, I noticed the same and reported it already to IDM by email. I suggest you do the same.

But first your version of UltraEdit has bugs in handling the color settings in the wordfile. Please update to latest version where these bugs are fixed now. After starting and closing UltraEdit verify if all color settings for all languages are correct in the wordfile(s). In my wordfile UltraEdit from build 1033 to build 1043 has made random changes on every exit on some color settings in some languages.

The only remaining problem in UE v15.00.0.1047 with the color settings in the wordfile is that UE on exit always updates them in the wordfiles even if the user (or UE on exit after first start after an upgrade) has not changed any of them.

As workaround for this problem I have currently set the read-only attribute on my wordfile with the 18 languages and the color settings like I want it. Of course that means that I have to remove the read-only attribute when I want to make changes to my wordfile, but that is no real problem for me. I hope IDM will make the color settings update process in future more smart and do not write to the wordfiles on every exit, only when a color or font style setting has been really changed by the user or UE itself.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 15, 2009#3

Thanks Mofi, I've upgraded to 15.00.0.1047 and reported this issue to IDM as well.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 01, 2009#4

I have an update on the issue about modifying the file date of the configured single wordfile on every exit of UltraEdit.

According to my tests it looks like this problem is fixed with UE v15.20, to be more precise with UE v15.20.0.1016.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria