No display refresh after macro execution

No display refresh after macro execution

MasterMaster

Oct 13, 2009#1

I also found a display issue in 15.20.0.1016 (on Win 7 pro 64 bit) that is strange, but does not fit to other reported bugs yet.
    If I let run a simple macro that also deletes lines, these lines do not disappear after macro has finished.
    Sometimes they go away after setting the document active by mouse click or key pressed (e.g. escape).
    Sometimes they stay toughly and you need to reload the file or restart UE.
    I post it here and wait for a "yes, same problem on my PC" confirmation then I will post to IDM.

Example:
    Open UE with a new file
    Create 3 lines by 1 <Enter> 2 <Enter> 3 <Enter>
    Let run this macro I call "toList" (I know it is not optimal)

Code: Select all

InsertMode
    ColumnModeOff
    HexOff
    SelectAll
    StartSelect
    Find "^p"
    Replace All ", "
    EndSelect
    Key HOME
    Key END
    ")"
    Key HOME
    "("
    Key HOME
    StartSelect
    Key END
    EndSelect
    There should be ONE line like (1, 2, 3, )

but we see:
    (1, 2, 3, )
    Thank you, Bego

P.S. Wanted to download Hotfix 1017, but received Chinese version :-o (who finds the Cancel button???), then English version ... but I need German one.
    Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 13, 2009#2

http://www.ultraedit.com/files/hotfix/ue_german.zip contains the Chinese version? If this is the case, please report it. Or have you tried the update from within German UltraEdit and it downloaded the Chinese version? Then this would be also a bug which should be reported.

However, I tested what you have written and could reproduce it with UE v15.20.0.1016 on Windows XP SP3 32-bit using Windows Classic theme. (Build 1017 is downloading while I'm writing this.) But it happens only when executing the macro from dialog Play Macro after clicking on Macro - Play Any/Multiple Times. When running the macro with Play Again (from menu or by hotkey) or by double clicking on it in the macro list view, the display is correct after macro execution.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

MasterMaster

Oct 13, 2009#3

Servus Mofi,

I made the update via menu. Funny, see attachment.
        So I will report both issues to IDM and report later here.

Thank you, Bego

[Edit: Reported to IDM. Also: Error still in .1017]
        Ue_chinese.gif (107.29KiB)

Basic UserBasic User

Oct 13, 2009#4

Bego wrote:I also found a display issue in 15.20.0.1016 (on Win 7 pro 64 bit) that is strange, but does not fit to other reported bugs yet.
          If I let run a simple macro that also deletes lines, these lines do not disappear after macro has finished.
          Sometimes they go away after setting the document active by mouse click or key pressed (e.g. escape).
          Sometimes they stay toughly and you need to reload the file or restart UE.
          I post it here and wait for a "yes, same problem on my PC" confirmation then I will post to IDM.
          I had something "similar" with 15.20.0.1016 (w xp, sp3). When opening a new file from Total Commander (F4) it would make the file active in UE, however the function list displayed the functions from the previous active document. I've been using 1017 since yesterday and this problem hasn't shown up.

I've tried your example in 1017 and can not reproduce your bug =) (tried playing it various ways and always get the expected result).

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 13, 2009#5

I can reproduce this display issue also with English UE v15.20.0.1017 on my computer. Important is that it only occurs when the macro property Show Cancel dialog for this macro is NOT enabled and the macro is executed from the Play Macro dialog. Simply pressing any cursor key without holding SHIFT results in discarding the selection which results in a display update and then the display is correct.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

MasterMaster

Nov 19, 2009#6

Guys, this display issue is now fixed with UltraEdit version 15.20.0.1022.

rds Bego