FTP functions disabled in UEP / UE3

FTP functions disabled in UEP / UE3

NewbieNewbie

Nov 20, 2009#1

Hello all,

I have just installed UE portable version to my USB pen drive. However, the FTP functions are grayed out except "Show Column Markers" and "Local Root Path Error" are appear enabled under File > FTP/Telnet menu.

Please help.

NewbieNewbie

Nov 25, 2009#2

I have the same problem. Is FTP not accessible on the portable version. If that is the case, I want my money back.

NewbieNewbie

Nov 30, 2009#3

Here is the answer I received from IDM support on asking the support by email about FTP feature support in UltraEdit Portable:
        IDM support wrote:Depending on your system permissions, you may need to register the FTP .dll component before you can use it. You should see an item (in the FTP/Telnet submenu) to register the FTP component. Do you not see this?

If you don't see this, please try resetting your menus. You can do this in Advanced : Configuration : Toolbars/Menus : Management : Manage Menus, click Reset All.
        I haven't tested it out yet though.

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Dec 01, 2009#4

IDM might want to take a look at this MSDN Magazine article on 'Registration-Free COM'. Using an XML manifest file in the same directory as the program file can inform the system about COM components for that application without having to actually register them:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archiv ... n-free-com

It looks like they just need to put the same information that would go into the registry into the manifest.