Context sensitive help for different file types?

Context sensitive help for different file types?

Basic UserBasic User

Nov 19, 2009#1

Hello,
    I am using UE esp. for editing PHP files. So I have added the CHM manual for PHP: pressing F1 opens this manual with the selected topic.

But it is possible to open automatically a different help file or open a webpage (online help) when I am editing a different file format -- e.g. at the moment I am editing a Autohotkey file. Pressing the F1 key should open http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/ClipWait.htm or something similar.

Is such a file type sensitive help possible in UE (Windows, latest version)?

Viele Grüße & vielen Dank
    Carlos

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 25, 2009#2

You can assign individual hotkeys or chords to the 6 commands HelpUserFilex and so get what you want more or less. For example assign the chord F1 1 to HelpUserFile1 and press these 2 keys quickly when you want to search for the word under cursor in help file 1.

Note: I have not tested if the chord F1 1 can be really used or something different must be used. F1 is an application wide hotkey which works for example also in dialogs to get the help for this dialog.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Dec 07, 2009#3

Mofi wrote:You can assign individual hotkeys or chords to the 6 commands HelpUserFilex and so get what you want more or less.
        Great tip! More or less, but it's o.k. ;)

Assigning F1 is not possible. Immediately after pressing F1 the dialog box to choose a help file appears. Now I am using F2 (twice pressed) for the first help file and F3 for the second.

Thank you.
        Carlos