Keyboard shortcut to switch between document panels?

Keyboard shortcut to switch between document panels?

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 27, 2010#1

Hi all,

I am aware of F6/Shift+F6 as a way to switch between split panes within a single document, but what about switching between panels in the split panels function (UltraEdit v15+) - where you can drag different documents to different .. panels? viewports? :)

Rob
    :)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 27, 2010#2

At Advanced - Configuration - Key Mapping there are the commands NextWindowPanel with default hotkey Ctrl+F10 and PrevWindowPanel with default hotkey Alt+F10. It looks like those commands can be used. But all open views like the File Tree View or the Tag List View are also panels and therefore are included. Further it looks like the commands work only when at least 1 separate view is also open, but this might be a bug. There is no command to jump just between 2 or more document panels (in keyboard configuration of UE v15.20.0.1022).

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 27, 2010#3

Hi Mofi,

Thanks for the investigation - it is truly appreciated. I will send in a feature request. I think it would be very useful to have one keyboard shortcut to switch between "editor" window panes only and another to switch explicitly to other panels, like File View, Function List etc.

Rob
        :)