Mar 15, 2007#16

I've been editing verilog with 10.20 for years without seeing this problem. It started for me with 12.20b, and now with 13.00

Sometimes the undo buffer gets zapped, sometimes not.

Sometimes I can clear the problem simply by scrolling to the top of the file, column editing there (with no errors), then scrolling back down to the previous edit area.

Glad to know that the problem is reproducible now.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 20, 2007#17

Can anybody of you please confirm that the problem with my configuration is fixed with UE v13.00+2?

I still can reproduce the bad effect with my log file according to my description with UE v13.00+1, but with UE v13.00+2 the problem is gone. It looks like the IDM developers were very fast on fixing it.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Power UserPower User

Mar 20, 2007#18

Mofi wrote:It looks like the IDM developers were very fast on fixing it.
        Well, once you managed to come up with a test case which reliably reproduced the problem. :wink:

Curious that the hotfix notes don't mention this. This has been irking people for years.

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 23, 2007#19

I haven't seen the problem in a few days and I'm using 13.00+3. Excellent work in coming up with a test case! :D

I'll certainly report if I see the problem again.

NewbieNewbie

Jul 19, 2007#20

I encountered a problem with column mode editing yesterday with version 13.10a+1. I am in touch with IDM to see if I can reproduce what is an inconsistent problem.

Yesterday, when in column mode, I selected several lines to delete several spaces at the beginning of each line. When I pressed the "delete" key to delete the first space, the cursor jumped up about 20 - 30 lines, positioning itself on completely different lines. Before I knew it, I had modified lines that I had not intended. Frustrating!

I will update the forum again when I have any new results.

NewbieNewbie

Sep 07, 2007#21

I upgraded to v13.00a+2 and haven't seen this funkiness, until TODAY! (no, I didn't upgrade to 13.10 yet).
              Seems a pretty simple bug

Code: Select all

1abc
              2abc
              3abc
              In column mode, I put my cursor on the first 2 lines and add 1 space, it'll be:

1abc
               2abc
              3abc
              so far so good..

BUT now the cursor is moved to the next line, so when I add "X", it'll be:

1abc
               X2abc
              3Xabc
              and the cursor move down by one line again.

Not a copy and paste issue, since I'm just adding chars.

Power UserPower User

Mar 27, 2008#22

This bug isn't quite dead yet. I've seen this happen (once, so far) under 14.00a.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 28, 2008#23

The issue I have reported to IDM is definitely fixed. But if you still see such wrong column handling then there is maybe another bug in the program code which has not been detected till now. I suggest following when you next time see a wrong column handling.

Immediately open from within UltraEdit a new instance of UE, open the file you currently work and try to reproduce the last steps you have done. If you can see again the wrong handling, document the steps and send it with an example file where the wrong handling occurs with your steps to IDM support. That's the method I have used as I detected the (first) bug which I have reported.

Basic UserBasic User

Column edit + undo fails again in UE v15.20.0.xxxx

Oct 26, 2009#24

So, am I the only one with this problem again? ie:

(sorry for only thumbnail here, but due to the url they use now, ending with a / prevents the image from showing up on the board).

Anyways, top of image is original, middle edit one column too much, and last what happens when using undo.

Using UE 15.20.0.1017.

Mailed IDM about it, will see what comes up.

NewbieNewbie

Re: Column edit + undo fails again in UE v15.20.0.xxxx

Nov 14, 2009#25

:cry:
                      I upgraded to 15.20.0.1020 last evening and discovered the same problem. Undo is seriously broken. If I hit undo a couple of times after doing some column editing my file is seriously corrupted.

Here's a simple example. Create a new file and add 4 lines that all say "this is a test"

this is a test
                      this is a test
                      this is a test
                      this is a test

Use column mode to select all the "is a" words and delete them, leaving

this test
                      this test
                      this test
                      this test

Hit undo, produces ...

is a is a is a is a this test
                      this test
                      this test
                      this test

Thanks,
                      Sheldon

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: Column edit + undo fails again in UE v15.20.0.xxxx

Nov 16, 2009#26

After a very quick test it looks like this problem with undoing modifications made in column editing mode is fixed in UltraEdit hotfix 15.20.0.1022 which is already public available. Please update.

Jan 31, 2010#27

All problems I reported with undo / redo with column overstrike editing mode as well as normal overstrike editing mode are fixed with UE v15.20.0.1026. Please update UltraEdit / UEStudio when you see wrong behavior of undo / redo command while editing in column mode.

Read more posts (-3 remaining)